Location: Linden, Alberta, Canada
Hawk Machine Works Ltd. is a precision machine shop dedicated to delivering comprehensive CNC machined parts, products, and technology or assemblies for a variety of industries such as oil & gas, mining, agriculture, industrial equipment and machinery, among others. Working alongside the Director of Manufacturing, this is a client facing position and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing, organizing, and controlling manufacturing project activities. You will work together with clients, internal staff, external suppliers, and strategic partners in planning, production, sourcing, managing material vendors, quality assurance, and resolving any issues that may arise in order to meet or exceed required quality standards, ensuring on-time and on-budget project completion, and overall customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will also be a technology enthusiast, someone adaptable who embraces change, a visionary and strategic thinker, but a highly organized individual who can develop complex plans and executes accurately and on time.
The preferable location for this position is Linden, however housing can be provided in the local area, either on a Monday to Friday commute schedule, or full time living. The successful candidate will enjoy an excellent total rewards package, including base salary, a stock matching program after one year of employment, equaling up to 2.5%.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all manufacturing projects for clients, including project scope and objectives, including administration and direct supervision of staff in planning and production.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage raw materials / resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Prepare the budgets of each project based on the scope of work, resource requirements, and the clients needs/expectations.
- Track project costs, including risk management.
- Develop and manage detailed projects schedules for each client, while creating a work plan, updating the scheduling work plan as needed.
- You will be responsible to delegate tasks to the team as necessary, from production, planning, to shipping and receiving to ensure the shipments go out on time with all the necessary paperwork to ensure the shipments arrive in a timely manner, especially when entering into the Unites States.
- Support and empower staff and direct reports to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Assist with supporting business improvement and growth initiatives, providing effective leadership and change management to engage staff.
- Drive productivity, motivation, and performance. Ensure compliance with established quality and production procedures. Provide leadership to sustain a culture of continual improvement and client satisfaction.
- Liaising with clients, consultants, internal staff and raw material suppliers.
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, issues, and project quality and resolve issues as required.
- Maintain relationships with all stakeholders within the clients company, and internal stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing project proposals, budgets, cash flow projections, schedules, meeting minutes and monthly reports.
- Participate in project meetings with the client, design team, and contractor as required
- Assist and support business development initiatives including RFP’s and RFQ’s.
- Reading/understanding and preparation of project drawings and specifications.
- Ability to look at alternative techniques to achieve outcomes
- Lead staff development which includes: mentoring, training, coaching and professional development. Maximize the utilization of resources in a timely manner and provide the highest quality product
- Reviewing all operations labor cost reports and forecasts; looking for early warning signs of trouble; developing plans and implementing action to improve project outcomes
- Prepares cost estimates
- Monthly review with Director of Manufacturing of all operations projects, project cost analysis and forecasted costs
- Assist with the allocation of team members to maintain utilization targets
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Must have progressive Canadian manufacturing related experience
- Demonstrable experience in CNC machining in previous experience.
- A fundamental understanding of client interaction, cost forecasting, planning, with a proven ability to solve problems creatively.
- A strong understanding of PM software tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical skills, which can be expressed in writing, verbal conversations all while leading the team manufacturing team to successful delivery of projects on time, on budget, with a very high level of project accuracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in rural centers and with multi-disciplinary teams considered an asset
- Must be comfortable with overall project accountability, change management, schedule and scope management
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of Manufacturing: technology, equipment, materials, and international shipping.
- Organizational skills to prioritize and manage a diverse workload
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, be extremely resourceful and be detail-orientated
- Valid drivers license and willing to travel
- The ability and willingness to work extended hours.
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com